Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On Loving Love

This past weekend was spent in a flurry of romance. We hosted two small weddings here at the Inn, and while they were completely exhausting, they were also so much fun.


This is the table I mentioned that we [meaning myself and our excellent housekeeper, Za] decorated using only swirly silvery things and streamers. See the cute little white carnations? Nothing but streamers. No tape, no glue, just paper. Pretty neat, huh?

The wedding cake. This was for the larger of the two ceremonies (only 11 people, the other was just the bride and groom). They were kind enough to share a bit of this cake with Dan and I and it was so very, very good. Wedding cake has a reputation for being dense and flavorless. This was exactly the opposite--fluffy, moist, flavorful. I tried my hardest, but I couldn't stop eating it. I had two pieces. Forgive me, dieting gods, for I have sinned!

Romance! Possibly my favorite thing about being an innkeeper is that I get to be a part of weddings, engagements, elopements, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, and all of those other occasions that involve love. It makes my heart go all a-flutter...


These weddings rings are from the second couple (the elopement). I love how atypical and unique they are. Is that hematite? I'm not sure exactly, but whatever metal it is, it's lovely.

My favorite element of the second ceremony was that the bride performed a song at the end. What could be more romantic than singing for your sweetie? I wish I had been that brave at my wedding!


This weekend was, as I said: exhausting. More than that, though, it was fulfilling and fun. And you know, if you're thinking about doing something special for your beloved, don't hesitate to give us a call! I'd be more than happy--ecstatic even-- to help you plan!

I'm like cupid without the wings or arrows...

With Love,
~Brande N.

2 comments:

Ryan Reichert said...

Brande & Dan,

Thank you again for a marvelous weekend - and for this super posting! I'm going to e-mail it to the cake makers to let them know how much you liked the cake! You guys really made everything perfect last weekend, and I appreciate all your hard work. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

Take care,

Ryan

Peggy said...

You're so welcome! It was such a fun weekend: beautiful weather, cake, wine, romance--what more could we ask for? Come back anytime, we're happy to have you. :)