Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dear Chocolate Chip Cookie,

I have conquered you. You tried so very hard to outwit me, to make me look bad. Well never again cookie! Never again! I’m tempted to think that you arranged all those times the phone rang during the last minutes of cooking. You wanted me to burn you. You wished that I would never bake you as well as John’s mom had. Your facade of tooth-breaking crispness was spite for the fact that it was I was the baker and not her. Well it may be her recipe, but I am the baker here and I will not be beaten by a cookie! And all it took to beat you was a pizza box and 6 ½ minutes of patience. 6 ½ minutes spent sitting on a pizza box, yes, but it was worth it to watch you and learn your secrets. I have mastered you cookie! Now, to prove that I have vanquished you for good....



...I’ll post these terribly delicious-looking photos of you cooking. Yum!



Mmmm.. raw cookie dough.



In deliciousness, second only to cookie dough ice cream.



I'm melting!



Oh what a world!



What a cruel world!



From melty to poofy. These cookies are tricksy.


See the one that stated sliding? Yeah, that's the buttah.


Too. Much. Delicious!


Now don't let them fool you! See the poofiness in the middle? That means they are NOT DONE! But they will be in about 45 seconds. It happens that fast.


Chewy in the middle, crunchy on the outside. Sweet, salty, chocolatey, and completely addictive.


Hello, sweet, delicious victory. I'm going to eat you now.


With Love,
~Brande N.

(My apologies for this absolutely silly post. I had a lot of hot chocolate today.)

No comments: