Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Eve Part I

So I've told you a little bit about our New Years Package, and you probably read about it on our website, but I'm sure you're just dying to actually see it, huh? Well lucky for you I took A LOT of pictures. Thursday's post was just an appetizer, this will be your first course, and I'll post the entree on Monday. So, without further adieu: the photos!


Tart Cherry and Pistachio Tea Cookies. I actually made some of these for John and his family for Christmas and he asked me to make them again for New Years. They're incredibly easy and look impressive. Definitely one of my favorite recipes. You want to know the best part? You can swap any fruit and nut combo for the cherries and pistachioes. I'm thinking about mango and macadamia for my next batch...

This picture is only mildly relevant to New Years. You see, when we decorated the tables, we had all of these leftover fresh flowers that were jut going to get thrown out. And these roses were so pretty that I just couldn't stand to see them go into the wastebasket. So I cut the stems short, added a few pieces of stray greenery, and threw them in a crystal wineglass. In no way am I a florist, but I think this turned out pretty nice.

A picture of one of our tables once it was all decorated. Kelly, our head waitstaffer, designed and decorated each table herself and did an excellent job. Thanks, Kelly!


A bit of our decor in the dining room.

Champagne glasses, poised and ready for the midnight toast!

A fully set, fully decorated table. Seriously Kelly, you rock!


This is Dan chopping some fresh parsley for garnish. Aren't fresh herbs lovely?

One of our two Salad options for the big dinner: Caprese. This picture was taken before it was drizzled with EVOO (can you tell I watch 30-Minute Meals?), but I think its deliciousness is still quite evident.


Our second Salad option. Organic Field Greens with Apple, Toasted Walnut, Bleu Cheese, and Cider Vinegrette. (Meals like this make it abundantly obvious that John owns an apple orchard.)

Does this look familiar? It's one of the Mole Hollow Candles I wrote about! They burned really well and looked great. Three cheers for an easy positive impact!

My favorite photo of the night. The way the light hit the table was eerie, mysterious, intruguing and beautiful. And yet it's just a plate. One of the any reasons why I do so love photography.

More to come on Monday! And many of those are more food, ooooh!

Until then, best wishes!
~Brande N.

No comments: