Friday, December 19, 2008

Biscotti Ponderings


I love biscotti. Love them. Mmmm, Biscotti. And the next best thing to eating biscotti is making them. Biscotti are nearly fool-proof and unbelievably versatile. Cranberry-Pistachio? Delicious. Peanut Butter Cup? Amazing. Apricot-Almond. yum! I'm sure even something as crazy as Maple-Bacon could be great. It's so much fun to sit and stare blankly off into space pondering on what would be the next great biscotti. Some ideas I have pondered on include:

-Spiced Pumpkin with Nutmeg Cream Cheese Glaze

-Vanilla Chai Spice with Crystallized Ginger

-Peanut Butter and Jelly (PB biscotti with Jelly Filling inside)

-Carrot Cake

-Dark Chocolate with White Chocolate Mint Center

-Raspberry-Lemon Swirl

-Apple-Walnut with Cinnamon-Caramel Glaze

-Just Honey

-Chocolate Dipped Sweet Cherry

-Maple-Fig

-S'more-style (Chocolate with Fluff filling and Crushed Graham Crackers on top)

-Gingerbread Dipped in Ginger-White Chocolate Ganache

And it just so happens that tomorrow is a big baking day for me. I'm making 5 different kinds of cookies to give to friends and family for the Holidays. I've decided on 4 varieties of cookies which thus far include: Cinnamon Bun Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Turtle Shortbreads, Raspberry-Lemon Cutout Sandwiches, and Tart Cherry Pistachio Tea Cookies. But I have not yet decided on a biscotti.

Any suggestions, oh lovely readers of mine?


(...Drat! All this talk of cookies has made me hungry now!)

No comments: